Monday, October 5, 2009

i’m dramatic.

God has a reason for everything. There is a reason the grass is green. There is a reason the sky is blue. There are reasons that seasons change, as are there reasons that things in life change.

With that said—sometimes I wonder the purpose of the season “cold”…..There is no difference between fall and winter because they are both just cold.

Everyone is all like “ohhhh cooler weather- I LOVE IT- YAY”.

I am not part of that “everyone”….

I miss summer. 2 weeks into “cool-ness” and all I can think about is swimming and laying out.

This past weekend, my family went to the lake to get one last “hoo-rah” before it would be too cold to even do that.

This was me on the boat:

DSC04292dramatic? of course.

It was sunny. The high was 75 degrees. It was winter.

Yes, there is a reason for everything. And a reason that God placed me in the south---because my blood is thinner than a model from Project Runway…and I can barely handle the cold. He knew this, so if He had to give me the season of Winter---at least he put me in a place where I wouldn't have to deal with it for long.

It will be a long winter…..But on the bright side, I’m looking forward to fires in my fireplace, and large hoodies to hide winter flubber and ghostly paleness. I also have an overly large size of flannel pajama pants that I would love to be able to just live in during the months of “cold”.

What about you? How do you deal with the cold?

1 comment:

  1. I hope no one hates me for this but I live in the north east. One word--Furs. xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete